If you need easy dinner recipe ideas for kids that are milk and gluten-free then dive straight in. This dinner idea for kids is delicious, healthy and better still, screened and put together by your children’s dietitian.
Mushrooms are a brilliant brain food for kids as it is packed with selenium. Also rich in fibre, it counts towards your child’s daily portion of vegetables.
For a vegetarian or vegan dining experience, substitute the chicken for butter beans.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 shallots, chopped finely
2 chicken breasts, diced
2 sprigs of thyme
250g wholemeal tagliatelle (gluten-free variety as required)
1 small punnet chestnut mushrooms
300g medley of mushrooms
1-2 tablespoons Oatly Organic Creamy Oat
*may contain traces of milk, speak to your dietitian if this worries you
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook the shallots for 1- 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and thyme and cook until the chicken pieces have just browned.
- Add all of the mushrooms, stirring often and cover to cook if required.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a small cup of boiling water and add to the chicken. Continue to cook until most of the water has disappeared or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to boil and cook the pasta following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Now return to your chicken and once the pasta is cooked, combine the chicken and pasta tossing to ensure that the mushroom sauce coats the pasta well.
- Stir in the dairy-free cream or choose one of your choice substitute the dish.
TIP: this chicken and mushroom tagliatelle dish is excellent with standard pasta if your child is following a normal diet.
If your child is not following a milk-free diet, why not substitute the Oatly cream with regular cream cheese? Delicious, and a quick and easy recipe for the kids.
This healthy toddler meal can obviously be enjoyed by the family or you will have plenty of left-overs for a few meals. Dig in!
WHAT TO DO NEXT
If you enjoyed today’s post, please share it using the social media buttons at the top and bottom of this page.
For individualised consultations on expert nutrition advice for your child contact me here
I’d also love it if you could take a few minutes to leave an honest review and rating on Google under Bahee Van de Bor. I read every review personally.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the newsletter, to get automatic updates every time new recipes and articles are posted.