Subscribe: Apple Podcast | Email | Spotify | Stitcher
One of the biggest challenges with breastfeeding is undoubtedly how to get started. Getting the right support with latching and positioning from a breastfeeding adviser can make a wealth of difference in the early days.
My guest today is Sherry Bevan, a breastfeeding advisor and president of NCT.
In today’s episode, Sherry takes us through some of the common challenges women face when it comes to getting started with breastfeeding and where to ask for help.
Click on the player above to listen to the podcast episode on breastfeeding and/or read on for a detailed overview.
Scroll down to the bottom to read the show notes including all the links mentioned in this episode.
Here’s what you’ll learn in today’s podcast:
- the crucial time to get going with breastfeeding as described by research
- what to do if you are finding breastfeeding painful
- my personal experience of breastfeeding, the ups and downs
- how and when to use infant formula to preserve and rescue breastfeeding
- what percentage of your baby’s initial weight loss is perfectly normal
- how to use the right support to troubleshoot and save breastfeeding
- the long-term benefits of breastfeeding
Plus you’ll learn about the current virtual baby cafes and support networks to get support on breastfeeding.
Scroll down for more useful (posts/episodes).
Links mentioned in this episode:
Want the next podcast episode by email?
Let Me Help
Would you like to meet a children’s dietitian who has successfully helped families solve their nutrition problems from around the world?
No matter what you are worried about, I’ll help you manage these with confidence.