One of the biggest challenges with breastfeeding is undoubtedly how to get started. Getting the right support with latching and positioning from a breastfeeding adviser can make a wealth of difference in the early days.
My guest today is Sherry Bevan, a breastfeeding advisor and president of NCT.
In today’s episode, Sherry takes us through some of the common challenges women face when it comes to getting started with breastfeeding and where to ask for help.
Click on the player above to listen to the podcast episode on breastfeeding and/or read on for a detailed overview.
Scroll down to the bottom to read the show notes including all the links mentioned in this episode.
Here’s what you’ll learn in today’s podcast:
- the crucial time to get going with breastfeeding as described by research
- what to do if you are finding breastfeeding painful
- my personal experience of breastfeeding, the ups and downs
- how and when to use infant formula to preserve and rescue breastfeeding
- what percentage of your baby’s initial weight loss is perfectly normal
- how to use the right support to troubleshoot and save breastfeeding
- the long-term benefits of breastfeeding
Plus you’ll learn about the current virtual baby cafes and support networks to get support on breastfeeding.
Scroll down for more useful (posts/episodes).
Links mentioned in this episode:
- 5 Ways To Help Your Child Try New Foods
- 9 Ways To Manage Constipation Even If Your Child Takes Movicol Or Lactulose
Free Facebook Community
Share this podcast episode
Do you need help?
Would you like to meet a children’s dietitian who has successfully helped families solve their nutrition problems from around the world?
Whether you are worried about picky eating, food allergy or you suspect your child has irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), I’ll help you manage these with confidence.
For bookings and enquiries book a free 15 minute call to discuss how I can help you at my Harley Street clinic or through video consultations.